Community Spotlight: Katie Jarnot
March 12, 2014
Name: Katie Jarnot
Job: Principal at EVMS
Lives in: Eagle
In high school I was…. p robably really nerdy, but I thought I was pretty cool.
If I was a t-shirt, I would be (fabric, color, any print?)… Neon purple and say, "For Crying Out Loud Can We Please Make Public Education a Priority? Who Doesn't Want Our Kids To Succeed?!" because I'm passionate that way.
What's the best thing about your town? I can't go anywhere without seeing someone I know.
The best thing about my job is…. I don't know where to start. I love it all. I love my awesome staff, the fabulous kids, building lasting relationships with parents and constantly learning new things. I'm a third generation educator, so to say this is in my blood is not an exaggeration.
As a kid, I always… had an extremely vivid imagination and tons of energy.
If I could be any superhero, I'd be…. a middle school principal. A dear friend of mine gave me a cup that says "My superpower is being a principal, what's yours?"
If I was given a million dollars, the first thing I'd buy is…. I'd think through it very carefully and figure out how to best support my school. I'd save just enough to buy a truck and horse trailer so I can go trail riding all over the west.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations