Community Spotlight: Katie Jarnot
March 12, 2014
Name: Katie Jarnot
Job: Principal at EVMS
Lives in: Eagle
In high school I was…. p robably really nerdy, but I thought I was pretty cool.
If I was a t-shirt, I would be (fabric, color, any print?)… Neon purple and say, "For Crying Out Loud Can We Please Make Public Education a Priority? Who Doesn't Want Our Kids To Succeed?!" because I'm passionate that way.
What's the best thing about your town? I can't go anywhere without seeing someone I know.
The best thing about my job is…. I don't know where to start. I love it all. I love my awesome staff, the fabulous kids, building lasting relationships with parents and constantly learning new things. I'm a third generation educator, so to say this is in my blood is not an exaggeration.
As a kid, I always… had an extremely vivid imagination and tons of energy.
If I could be any superhero, I'd be…. a middle school principal. A dear friend of mine gave me a cup that says "My superpower is being a principal, what's yours?"
If I was given a million dollars, the first thing I'd buy is…. I'd think through it very carefully and figure out how to best support my school. I'd save just enough to buy a truck and horse trailer so I can go trail riding all over the west.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- ‘We’ll be racy’: Vail’s Buddy Lazier is running his 20th Indianapolis 500