July 24, 2013
There's no news too small for the Downvalley column. Contact Pam Boyd via e-mail at email@example.com; or call (970) 328-6656 ext. 4.
Roller Dolls seek non-profit partner
The 10th Mountain Roller Dolls have an opportunity for a charitable organization to receive event funds from the roller derby bout "Mountains vs. Peaks" Aug. 17. The deadline to apply is Aug. 2.
The 10th Mountain Roller Dolls are a recreational roller derby league, and 501(c)(3), seeking WFTDA apprenticeship. While it is not required, preference is given to organizations with a focus on the group's priority areas: education, environment and community. Consideration is given to non-profits (501(c)(3) required) located in/or serving the communities of Summit, Eagle and Garfield Counties, and those that are willing to lend support to the 10th MRD in preparation and/or production of the event. Organizations can request a complete list of funding criteria and application at firstname.lastname@example.org and reply (to same address) or by mail to PO Box 1717 Gypsum, CO 81637 to receive funds from the Aug. 17th event. Completed applications will be forwarded internally to the 10th Mountain Roller Dolls Board of Directors, events committee, and league members.
Congratulations to Brandon Hudspeth, son of George and Andrea Hudspeth of Gypsum, on his second year on the Dean's List at Johnson and Wales University.
Mountain Beverage is celebrating its fifth anniversary with a special party planned Friday, July 26 from 2 to 6 p.m. at its Gypsum headquarters at 428 Airpark Drive. Music, food and fun are planned. RSVP to the party by calling 970-777-4035.
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Eagle has a big day planned this Saturday, July 27. A Best of the Best Sale is slated from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a live auction at noon. To learn more visit http://www.ReStoreVailValley.org.
It's a month away, but mark your calendars. The Eagle Valley Community Rummage Sale is planned Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 17-18 and Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 24-25.
Udall's Offices accepting
Mark Udall's regional offices throughout Colorado and the office in Washington, D.C., are accepting internship applications from undergraduate students and recent graduates for the fall.
The internship program offers students the opportunity for public service and to learn hands-on about constituent services and the legislative process.
State interns will assist state staff as they help constituents resolve issues with federal agencies such as the Department of Veterans Affairs, meet with local partners, represent the senator at community outreach events and help the office with written work product.
Interns in the Washington, D.C., office will attend committee hearings and briefings, compose memos for legislative staff, answer phones, research legislative issues, help with press outreach, lead Capitol tours and participate in congressional events.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, July 31. Interested students can apply at http://markudall.senate.gov/students. Internships are available on either a full-time or part-time basis. This is an unpaid position, although college credit may be arranged.
Here are the results from the Flight Days Horseshoe Tournament:
1. Hodge Rodriguez
2. Nicole Craig
3. Danner Bartlett
1. Doug Bartlett
2. Mark Silverthorn
3. Sam Bartlett
1 Matt Reynolds-Vasquez
2. Mario Giarratano
3. Chris Mitton
1. Janice Anderson and Frank Anderson
2. Hodge Rodriguez and Danner Bartlett
3. Bix Trujillo and Willie Trujillo
1. Burley Taylor and Robert Sullivan
2. Brandy Trujillo and Michael Trujillo
3. Seth Reynolds and Joe Roach
1. Butch Bruni and Steve Vigil
2. Steve Bruni and Jason Bruni
3. Lynn Trudeau and Mark Silverthorn
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Eagle Ranch Golf Course employees help bee population with onsite apiary
- Town of Gypsum launches discussion on tiny homes
- Eagle considers upping $500,000 contribution to Brush Creek open space deal
- Town of Eagle pledges to keep river park off Barnes Ranch land
- Vail Daily obituary: Patsy Lou Shankel, 1939-2017
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery