Eagle fire chief finalists will be vetted Jan. 5
January 4, 2017
EAGLE — The seven finalists for the Greater Eagle Fire Department chief position will participate in a meet and greet session Thursday, Jan. 5 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Eagle Fire Station.
The public is invited to attend the session. Interviews with the seven finalists are planned Friday, Jan. 6.
The seven finalists for the job are:
William Mikel Kerst
The Eagle Fire Department launched the search for a new chief in late 2016 after its former leader, Kurt Vogel, was arrested in August. Vogel and his wife were charged with stealing more than $120,000 from the city of Sterling, where he was employed between 2010 and 2015. Vogel plead guilty to the charges in November and he will be sentenced in connection with the crimes on Feb. 8. He faces up to eight years in prison.
Kurt Keiser has been serving as interim fire chief since Vogel's departure.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Vail Daily column: Carfentanil, a synthetic opioid, has come to Eagle County
- Landowners question Eagle’s methods, motives for river park property
- CDOT aiming to remove 25-ton boulder from road shoulder in Dowd Junction
- Eagle suspends town manager
- Area snowpack OK this year, but Vail Mountain at 62 percent of average