Eagle fire chief finalists will be vetted Jan. 5
January 4, 2017
EAGLE — The seven finalists for the Greater Eagle Fire Department chief position will participate in a meet and greet session Thursday, Jan. 5 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Eagle Fire Station.
The public is invited to attend the session. Interviews with the seven finalists are planned Friday, Jan. 6.
The seven finalists for the job are:
William Mikel Kerst
The Eagle Fire Department launched the search for a new chief in late 2016 after its former leader, Kurt Vogel, was arrested in August. Vogel and his wife were charged with stealing more than $120,000 from the city of Sterling, where he was employed between 2010 and 2015. Vogel plead guilty to the charges in November and he will be sentenced in connection with the crimes on Feb. 8. He faces up to eight years in prison.
Kurt Keiser has been serving as interim fire chief since Vogel's departure.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Eagle Ranch Golf Course employees help bee population with onsite apiary
- Town of Gypsum launches discussion on tiny homes
- Eagle considers upping $500,000 contribution to Brush Creek open space deal
- Town of Eagle pledges to keep river park off Barnes Ranch land
- Vail Daily obituary: Patsy Lou Shankel, 1939-2017
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery