Eagle fire district aids firemen in Dodge City
March 7, 2017
EAGLE — The Greater Eagle Fire Protection District is sending a crew of three firefighters and a tactical tender to the area of Dodge City, Kansas, to help battle several fires in the area. A call for assistance came in from the Grand Junction Air Center, which is the managing agency for all wildland emergency resources on the Western Slope of Colorado. The original request for assistance came from the state of Kansas to available agencies in Colorado.
These requests for assistance came after several grass fires blew up on Monday afternoon around the south part of Dodge City. Wind gusts were reported around 50 mph with low humidity. Local news reports several evacuation in place for businesses, homes and ranches around the southern part of Dodge City. The Kansas Division of Emergency Management reported active fires in Clark, Cheyenne, Comanche, Ellsworth, Finney, Ford, Hodgeman, Lane, Meade, Ness, Pratt, Pottawatomie, Rawlins, Reno, Rice, Rooks, Russell, Seward, Shawnee, Smith and Stevens counties.
The crew from Eagle is expected to join a strike team in Dodge City with several other engines and water tenders from Colorado fire departments to help battle the fires.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Second rash of West Vail thieves hit at least seven unlocked vehicles
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride