Eagle Police Chief placed on paid leave
July 10, 2014
Eagle Police Chief Rodger McLaughlin has been placed on paid administrative leave effective Monday, July 8.
A brief statement from Eagle Town Manager Jon Stavney notes that "Until further notice, town of Eagle Sergeant Karl J. Staufer has been appointed acting chief and will be carrying out the chief's duties until further notice."
The announcement came after a special executive session of the Eagle Town Board on Monday evening. The board also adjourned into executive session prior to Tuesday night's regular meeting, citing Colorado statute providing for closed door sessions regarding personnel issues.
When contacted on Wednesday morning, McLaughlin declined comment regarding the issue.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Eagle Ranch Golf Course employees help bee population with onsite apiary
- Eagle cemetery launches columbaria wall construction
- Eagle considers upping $500,000 contribution to Brush Creek open space deal
- Town of Gypsum launches discussion on tiny homes
- Tiny home trend gains traction, raises questions in Eagle County
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Beaver Creek upgrades beginner lift — at highest point of mountain
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride