Eagle Skate Supply rolls into business on Broadway
May 17, 2013
A new shop rolled into Eagle — a branch operation of the Vail Skate Supply.
Eagle Skate Supply is located at 132 Broadway. The new branch hosted a grand opening celebration last Saturday.
"Eagle Mayor Yuri Kostick encouraged us to bring our business here," said Celenda Parent, who owns the stores with her husband, Barry.
She said Vail Skate Supply opened in 2010 when they saw a "hole" in Vail.
"I felt like I couldn't find normal clothing and Barry couldn't find a snowboard shop that was owned by actual snowboarders," she said.
Vail Skate Supply is now the "shop of the month" in the June issue of Thrasher magazine.
"We carry Vans, Volcom and DC Shoes, among others," Parent said. "Those are the brands people really seem to love."
The store in Eagle has an array of skateboards, including longboards, cruisers and trick boards. Some boards have graphics created by a local designer.
"We have more services in Vail but we can help people mount skateboard decks and do small things like that here," Parent said of the Eagle branch.
Eagle Skate Supply's hours are currently 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. The store may be reached at 970-328-6400. The website is http://www.vailskatesupply.com and the store is also on Facebook and Instagram.
"We'll expand our hours as we get into summer," Parent said.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Colorado looking at average individual insurance rate increase of 27 percent
- Dogs of Vail: This town has gone to the dogs — from hotels to bars, dogs are welcome
- Vail Daily letter: Anti-Trump sign inappropriate for Fourth of July parade