Eagle Town Board says ‘thanks’ and ‘welcome’
April 9, 2014
The Eagle Town Board quietly changed character Tuesday night when three new members took their oaths of office.
Andy Jessen, Doug Seabury and Luis Benitez joined the board following last week's municipal election. Two-term member Mikel "Pappy" Kerst and one-term members Scott Turnipseed and Scot Webster stepped down.
As their first order of business, the new board unanimously elected Joe Knabel as Mayor Pro Tem. The board then launched into a three-hour discussion of a 32-unit, small lot home proposal called Soleil Homes at Brush Creek, presented by developer John Purchase.
After the lengthy discussion, the board voted unanimously to instruct town staff to prepare documents for an official approval of the project.
In addition to the Soleil proposal the new board discussed the Eagle River Sub Area Plan, lighting and sign code regulations, recent Eagle Chamber efforts and adjourned for and an executive session regarding an Eagle open space issue.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Vail Daily obituary: Patsy Lou Shankel, 1939-2017
- Eagle considers upping $500,000 contribution to Brush Creek open space deal
- State law change could help rekindle Vail Valley condo construction
- Two local schools earn statewide academic honors
- Eagle Ranch Golf Course employees help bee population with onsite apiary