George “Bud” Gates memorial services planned Monday
June 16, 2016
Memorial services for George "Bud" Gates, two-time Eagle County commissioner and a member of one of the county's pioneer ranching families, are planned Monday, June 20, at 10 a.m. at the Eagle County Fairgrounds rodeo arena.
Gates passed away June 13.
A potluck lunch will follow the service with everyone asked to bring a covered dish. The lunch will be held along the riverfront behind the rodeo arena.
In lieu of flowers, the Gates family asks that memorial contributions be made to the Bud Gates fund at American National Bank.
A complete obituary will appear in the June 23 edition of the Eagle Valley Enterprise.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Steadman Clinic knee surgeon Dr. Robert LaPrade uses Facebook Live to demonstrate orthopedic procedures to a global audience
- Sonnenalp’s Solar Vail proposal could add 65 deed-restricted apartments at a cost of $4.2M to town of Vail
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride