Gypsum needs better snow removal
January 8, 2014
So, I have called and asked if the town of Gypsum could please address the snow covering the sidewalks on Red Table Drive, wheel chair ramps on Sunny Avenue and the sidewalks on Green Way. This call was made at 4:45 p.m. Monday, Nov. 25, more than 48 hours after the previous snowfall. As I write this, it is 8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27, and nothing has been done.
The town has an ordinance stating something about all walks will be cleared within 24 hours of the last snowfall. Sunny Avenue was cleared by a town plow but the operator left massive piles blocking most of the handicapped ramps. Red Table Drive, I believe is the responsibility of property owners, but there is a lot of pedestrian traffic that is now forced to walk in the street. Somebody is not doing his or her job. This is just in one small neighborhood of town. How bad is it in your neighborhood? Speak up, people, demand that the town does its job.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Eagle Ranch Golf Course employees help bee population with onsite apiary
- Vail Daily obituary: Patsy Lou Shankel, 1939-2017
- Eagle considers upping $500,000 contribution to Brush Creek open space deal
- Town of Eagle pledges to keep river park off Barnes Ranch land
- Town of Gypsum launches discussion on tiny homes
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations