Gypsum prepares for April 8 election
March 26, 2014
The town of Gypsum will hold a polling place election on Tuesday, April 8.
There are three vacancies to be filled on the town council with seven candidates — Pam Schultz, Chris Estes, Dick Mayne, Tim McMichael, Marisa Sato, Hagen Kuhl and Chris Huffman. Gypsum Mayor Steve Carver is running unopposed for re-election. Additional information is available on the town website, townofgypsum.com under the document center button on the top right.
Due to changes in election law, the permanent mail-in voter designation has been discontinued. Ballots will no longer be automatically mailed out for the April 8 municipal election.
Anyone who wishes to receive a ballot by mail must complete an absentee ballot application, available on the town website.Mail completed application to the town clerk. The last day to request an absentee ballot is Friday, April 4. You may also call Town Clerk Danette Schlegel at 970-524-1738 or email email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations