Gypsum voters elect Mayne, Estes, Schultz
April 9, 2014
Gypsum voters elected two incumbents and returned one former member to the town council in Tuesday's municipal election.
Dick Mayne, a Gypsum Town Council member since 1998, collected the highest number of votes Tuesday. Mayne is also currently a candidate for Eagle County Commissioner.
Chris Estes, who served three terms on the Gypsum Town Council from 1990-98 and from 2004-08 was also elected, along with Pam Schultz, who has served on the council since 1990. Tim McMichael was the only incumbent town council member who did not retain his seat.
The new council members will take their oaths of office at the new meeting, scheduled Tuesday, April 22.
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours