Mason’s shooting for scholarship money at July 26 gun auction
July 23, 2014
The Eagle Masonic Lodge's inaugural Books and Boomsticks Scholarship Gun Auction is planned this Saturday, July 26.
The Masons will auction almost $100,000 worth of firearms from gun dealers and donors. The event is expected to attract people from all over the Rocky Mountain West.
Local Masons Matt Solomon, owner of Alpine Arms, and Don Anderson are coordinating the auction.
"This is something the people in our lodge decided was important. A college education can change lives and possibly lives for generations to come," Anderson said.
The Masons have been awarding scholarships to local high school students for decades. The winners can use the money to attend colleges and universities as well as vocational schools.
All the money collected over the wholesale gun prices will go to the Lodge and its scholarship fund. Participants can bid in person, or by phone by calling 970-306-4121.
For a list of arms available, go to alpinearms.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Town of Eagle parts ways with former manager John Schneiger after one year
- Paraglider crashes into river near Eagle; rescued by passing rafters
- ‘Poop patrol’ aims to fix park waste issue