Thanks for the help with Gypsum Daze 5K
July 30, 2014
Thanks to all the people who donated time, merchandise and money to make this year's Gypsum Daze 5K Run/Walk the biggest in our 20 years.
More than 200 people ran or walked in the event this year. All proceeds raised from this event go toward the purchase of children's books at the Gypsum Public Library.
This was another great run with another large turnout and a great group of people both running and volunteering. The following sponsors made this happen: Barker Rinker Seacat, Big Steve's Towing, Bella's Market and USBank. Many thanks to them.
Thanks also to our contributors who do so much to supply the prizes, goodie bags and other items necessary to put on the event. Contributors include: Advocare, Alpine Ambiance, Alpine Bank, Bravo! Vail, Cooley's Tavern, Costco, Creekside Grill, Duncan Car Wash, Sue Duncan, Eagle Valley Vision, Ferguson, Garden Center of Gypsum, Gypsum Creek Golf Course, Heidi's Deli, Integra/Midas, Keller Williams Real Estate (Black Bear Partners, Joan and Barb), The Liquor Shop, Mac's Liquor, Mane Street Hair Styling, Moe's Original Barbecue, Steve's Barbecue, Town of Gypsum, USBank, Vail Recreation District, Vail Valley Jet Center and Western Eagle County Metropolitan Recreation District/Gypsum Recreation Center.
Many of the volunteers for the Gypsum Daze 5K Run/Walk are veterans of several years of helping and we are grateful for their time and continued participation. Thanks to volunteers Ann Gilmer, Joan Harned, Tom Harned, Alice Jaramillo, Matt Jaramillo, Angela Maxey, Bill McCarthy, Joyce McCarthy, Jeanne McQueeney, David Medina, Kristen Medina, Maxine Medina, Anne Pence, Karl Reynolds, Carl Walker, Ruth Walker and the Town of Gypsum staff and Public Works Department.
Thank you to the timing crew led by Beth Pappas of the Vail Recreation District who compiled the results so they were ready at the completion of the race.
All of us who helped put on the Gypsum Daze 5K had a great time and hope you did too. We look forward to seeing you back for another great Gypsum Daze 5K event next year.
Thanks again to all the participants, sponsors, contributors and volunteers who make this event possible.
Tom and Margaret Edwards
Gypsum Daze 5K
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Gypsum’s Creekside Grill finds success where many others failed
- A future without Fred
- EVHS Foundation honors school office stalwarts: Gail Eaton, Linda Hatton are latest Hall of Fame inductees
- Eagle hires construction manager for river park project
- Eagle considers upping $500,000 contribution to Brush Creek open space deal
- Vail Daily letter: A compliment for the community, a critique for the paper
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound reopened between main, East Vail exits
- Eagle town manager placed on ‘indefinite paid administrative leave’
- Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- David Walder, of Edwards, died Monday in Sweetwater Jeep rollover accident