Vail Daily obituary: Patsy Lou Shankel, 1939-2017
March 22, 2017
Patsy Lou Shankel passed peacefully into the arms of her loving Heavenly Father on March 18, 2017. She was born on Feb. 17, 1939 to Charles and Chloe Wright and from that day forward brought love, life and laughter to all those she touched.
Patsy was active in high school basketball in her younger days and supported the PTA and booster clubs with her children in her later years. She cherished her church callings and loved serving others, but most of all she loved having parties and playing cards with family and friends.
Patsy is preceded in death by her parents, son Timothy, sister Jimmie Borah, sister Charlotte Ziegler, brother Stevie Wright. She is survived by her loving husband, David, son Chet (Joanne), daughter Martye (Gerald), daughter Terri (Stan), seven grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
A celebration of her life was held March 25 at the LDS church on 934 Gypsum Creek Road in Gypsum.
Cards and gifts can be sent to 902 Mayne Street, Gypsum CO 81637.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past