Vail Daily obituary: Patsy Lou Shankel, 1939-2017
March 22, 2017
Patsy Lou Shankel passed peacefully into the arms of her loving Heavenly Father on March 18, 2017. She was born on Feb. 17, 1939 to Charles and Chloe Wright and from that day forward brought love, life and laughter to all those she touched.
Patsy was active in high school basketball in her younger days and supported the PTA and booster clubs with her children in her later years. She cherished her church callings and loved serving others, but most of all she loved having parties and playing cards with family and friends.
Patsy is preceded in death by her parents, son Timothy, sister Jimmie Borah, sister Charlotte Ziegler, brother Stevie Wright. She is survived by her loving husband, David, son Chet (Joanne), daughter Martye (Gerald), daughter Terri (Stan), seven grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
A celebration of her life was held March 25 at the LDS church on 934 Gypsum Creek Road in Gypsum.
Cards and gifts can be sent to 902 Mayne Street, Gypsum CO 81637.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks