Week In Review
February 5, 2014
Snow by the foot
A massive snowstorm gave Eagle County students a rare snow day. The snow also brought crowds to the local ski mountains. Skiers and boarders enjoyed 20 plus inches of new powder.
Local Denver Bronco fans were recovering from a 8-43 loss against the Seattle Seahawks.
Garfield County has teamed with four other western Colorado counties as the so-called Energy Producing Attainment Counties (EPAC) coalition to try to persuade state regulators against a blanket approach to new air quality standards.
High school graduation rates in two of Garfield County's three primary school districts exceeded the state average in 2013, according to recent new data from the Colorado Department of Education.
Farm Bill proceeds
A program that added a collective $6.13 million to the budgets of Pitkin, Eagle and Garfield counties last year was revived from life support Wednesday when the U.S. House passed the $100 billion Farm Bill.
Lady Devils district bound
The Eagle Valley High School girls' basketball team looked to be in good shape for the district tournament.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Beaver Creek upgrades beginner lift — at highest point of mountain