What’s happening in Glenwood
July 23, 2014
Hidden History Tour
Glenwood's Hidden History Tour begins at 6:45 p.m. on Friday, July 25 at 802 Grand Avenue.
The tour includes information on Glenwood's robbers, reprobates and the red light district. The cost is $15 per person and tickets are available at the Frontier Historical Museum.
For more information, call 970-945-4448.
Carbondale Mountain Fair
The 43th Annual Carbondale Mountain Fair takes place Friday through Sunday, July 25-27 at Sopris Park in Carbondale.
This annual art and entertainment festival includes arts and crafts vendors, demonstrations, live music, and good eats. For more information, call 970-963-1680.
Race and Ride for the Cure
The Susan G. Komen Race and Ride for the Cure takes place on Saturday, July 26 in Aspen.
Both begin at 7:30 a.m. (registration begins at 6 a.m.) at Rio Grande Park. Riders can choose from a 37, 62 or 100 mile course.
All proceeds support breast cancer education, screening and support services in Colorado. Susan G. Komen Colorado serves 22 counties including Pitkin, Eagle, and Garfield and plays a vital role in fighting breast cancer in our community. For information visit http://www.komencolorado.org or call 970-720-0250.
Grand River Classic Car Show
On Friday and Saturday, July 25-26, the 11th Annual Grand River Classic Car Show happens in Glenwood Springs.
The event starts at 6 p.m. with a Rockin' BBQ and Cruise-in at Vicco's Charcoalburger on Friday and ends at around 5 Saturday.
Registration opens at 8 a.m. on Saturday and the show is open to the public. Winners will be awarded.
For more information, call Bart Victor at 303-570-1157.
The Magical Moments Summer Concert Series features the Historic Redstone Band and the Redstone Rubies at Redstone Park in Redstone from 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, July 26.
Summer of Music
On Wednesday, July 30, beginning at 6:30 p.m., the Glenwood Springs Summer of Music at Two Rivers park features Halden Wofford & the Hi Beams Rocky Mountain Honky Tonk with the Smuggler Mtn. Boys as the opening act.
The action takes place at Two River Park at Devereaux Road and 6th Avenue.
For more information, call 970-945-2414.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Eagle Valley
- Eagle Ranch Golf Course employees help bee population with onsite apiary
- Eagle cemetery launches columbaria wall construction
- Eagle considers upping $500,000 contribution to Brush Creek open space deal
- Town of Gypsum launches discussion on tiny homes
- Tiny home trend gains traction, raises questions in Eagle County
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Beaver Creek upgrades beginner lift — at highest point of mountain
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride