DENVER/MOUNTAIN CORRIDOR- The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) will close I-70 in both directions at Twin Tunnels for rock stabilization at 1 p.m. This work will require a 30-minute closure and motorists traveling in the area should expect delays. Westbound Twin Tunnels crews found the potentially hazardous rock while performing preliminary survey work near the westbound portal earlier today. Crews will work to stabilize the area as quickly as possible in order to reopen the road. This work is necessary to ensure the safety of the traveling public along this well-traveled corridor.
Travel alert: I-70 at Twin Tunnels to close at 1 p.m.
Trending in: Colorado Marijuana News
- Retail pot shop opens in Eagle-Vail
- Commissioners seek clarity on marijuana science
- Police: Student ate more pot than recommended
- Eagle County issues eight retail marijuana licenses
- Legal pot sales: Aspen fiddles while Denver burns