WOLCOTT — Colorado Department of Transportation crews worked to clear a mudslide on Interstate 70 near Wolcott on Tuesday. The slide occurred just after 7 p.m. on Tuesday, closing both westbound lanes on I-70. The eastbound lanes remained open. Traffic was rerouted to U.S. Highway 6 between Wolcott and Eagle. About 300 vehicles got stuck in the slide, and CDOT crews removed the last vehicle at about 9 p.m., according to Tracy Trulove, communication manager for CDOT. The road was still closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday evening, and Trulove said the crews expect to reopen the road at about midnight.
Mudslide closes westbound I-70
Trending in: Colorado Marijuana News
- Lifelong Minturn resident Darla Goodell, who ran Turntable, passes away
- FirstBank closes doors of branch in Lionshead
- Vail Daily travel: Health and wealth in Asheville, with decadent mansions and healing salt caves
- Eagle Valley spoils Summit County homecoming Friday
- Minturn's new bathrooms a finalist in best restroom contest