Chris Frame, longtime Vail resident from 1970 to 2003, passed away June 4 due to complications from leukemia. Frame was born Oct. 10, 1930, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She lived in Waukesha, Wisconsin, before moving to Vail, and spent the last 10 years living in the Palm Springs area of California. Frame proudly attended Marquette University after high school, where she studied journalism. Always beautiful, polite and a gentle lady her entire life, she loved traveling, tennis and skiing. In Vail she enjoyed working with Sheika at Pepi’s and loved listening to Micky Poage play the piano at the Lodge. She also enjoyed skiing in the winters (her favorite runs were Ramshorn and Lost Boy), and spending time with her friends from water aerobics in the summers. She is survived by son John (Sandy) LaConte, grandsons John (Polina) LaConte, Jacob (Casey) LaConte, siblings Richard, Norma, Glenn, Jon and Alan, and relatives from all over the United States and many friends from all over the world. Her brother Richard was also her best friend and a former Vail resident; special thanks goes out to him for all his help and support. A private memorial will be held in Vail this fall.
- Rooms available for Championships weeks
- Barenaked Ladies coming to Vail Feb. 9 for World Ski Championships
- Vail Daily column: Lindsey Vonn relishes record alongside her family
- Franti, friends throwing fundraising party in Vail
- On the Hill: Getting to the World Championships finish area from Strawberry Park at Beaver Creek