Former state Sen. Dave Wattenberg passes away
February 18, 2014
DENVER — Former state Sen. Dave Wattenberg, a member of the "Cowboy Caucus" known for his pranks and his ability to work across the aisle, never wanted a service after his death.
Instead, knowing he was in failing health in recent months, friends were invited to come and visit with him.
They reminisced about the time he showed up with a can of Raid Yard Guard at the state facility in Mesa County where insects are bred for weed control.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steadman Clinic, Vail Valley Medical Center unveil $68M expansion
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Vail police see increase in fraudulent ski passes