Former state Sen. Dave Wattenberg passes away
February 18, 2014
DENVER — Former state Sen. Dave Wattenberg, a member of the "Cowboy Caucus" known for his pranks and his ability to work across the aisle, never wanted a service after his death.
Instead, knowing he was in failing health in recent months, friends were invited to come and visit with him.
They reminisced about the time he showed up with a can of Raid Yard Guard at the state facility in Mesa County where insects are bred for weed control.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Obituary: The life of the one and only Kurt Keltner
- Obituary: Mrs. Clara A. Valencia, Aug. 27, 1936, to Sept. 11, 2017
- Obituary: Perfecto C. Rivera, March 28, 1931, to Sept. 4, 2017
- Obituary: Elisa A. Haskins, Feb. 23, 1963, to Sept. 4, 2017
- Obituary: Michael ‘Mike’ D. Lujan, Aug. 20 1958 – Sept. 6, 2017
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested after report of masturbation in Miller Ranch Open Space in Edwards
- American Airlines to start all-year, daily service from Dallas-Fort Worth to Eagle County’s airport
- Speed limits on I-70 through Glenwood Canyon could go as low as 30 mph with new technology
- Relatives identify Fort Collins family killed in plane crash north of Glenwood Springs
- After 44 surgeries and an amputation, Marines veteran Sgt. Kirstie Ennis given a new Glenwood Springs home