Jessie Trujillo, 1948-2007
April 25, 2007
Jessie Robert Trujillo died Sunday at his home in Cortez, Colo. He was 58.
Trujillo was born Oct. 25, 1948 in Del Norte, Colo., the son of John F. and Celestina Trujillo.
He was a graduate of Battle Mountain High School in Minturn. He served in the Vietnam War and was discharged June 29, 1970. He also was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2528 of Tucumcari, N.M.
He was married to Alfrieda Beyer-Trujillo on June 24, 1972. The couple had two children: Luke Trujillo and grand-daughter Samantha Patterson, and Brian Trujillo, both of Denver.
He had lived in Cortez for the past 10 years, where he worked for Redburn Tire Co.
Trujillo is survived by his mother, who lives in Tucumcari; his brothers and their wives: Ray and Emily Trujillo of Gypsum, Phillip and Pearl Trujillo of Tucumcari, Edward and Belinda Trujillo of Tucumcari, Vincent and Julia Trujillo of Espanola, N.M., Eugene and Gloria Trujillo of Clovis, N.M., and Manuel Trujillo of Tucumcari; his sisters and their husbands: Mary Jane and Victor Diaz of Amarillo, Texas, Maxine Trujillo of Tucumcari, Emily and Amador Jaramillo of Amarillo, Texas, Theresa Cordova of Tucumcari, Rosalia and Roy Stewart of Cortez, Mary Rivera of Tucumcari; and several nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles.
He was preceded in death by his father John F. Trujillo, two brothers and his grand parents.
Time and date of services are pending with Dunn Funeral Home of Tucumcari (505) 461-3815.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Jury acquits Leadville woman on drug distribution, weapons charges
- Eagle County schedules special hearing for 120-unit 6 West Apartments proposal in Edwards