Ken Huneycutt, of Avon, 1960-2010
July 14, 2010
Joseph ‘Kenny’ Huneycutt, 50, of Avon died Sunday.
Ken was born March 5, 1960, in Durham, N.C. He was raised and educated in Reno, Nev.
Ken enjoyed life in Vail Valley for 15 years, then 10 years in Kauai, Hawaii, where he met and married his wife, Terry. Ken and Terry also lived in Steamboat Springs for two years before returning home to the mountains of Vail. He achieved great success in real estate sales with Marriott and Starwood Vacation Ownership.
He is survived by his loving wife, Terry; father Dr. Harry C. Huneycutt and wife Rita; mother Christi Huneycutt; sister Sherry Huebner; brother David Huneycutt and wife Anella ; stepsisters Alyson and Carrie Huneycutt, Kimberly Luikart and husband Bill; uncle Glenn Teasley and wife Marilyn and daughter Nancy Kim; niece, Marissa and Erika Huebner and Lauren Huneycutt; and nephew Jake Huneycutt.
In addition to his love for family and friends, Ken loved the great outdoors, snow, water skiing, hiking, mountain biking and his adoring pets.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Vail Interfaith Chapel.
In lieu of flowers, Ken would have preferred donations to Vail Nature Center, 841 Vail Valley Drive, Vail, CO 81657, to care for the mountains he loved so much.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Obituary: Steve Boblak, Sept. 29, 1956, to July 27, 2017
- Obituary: Janet Field, Jan. 9, 1941, to Aug. 11, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Phoebe Brook Lester, 16, was a joy to friends, family
- Vail Daily obituary: David L. Meirowsky, Dec. 3, 1966, to July 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Viewing guide for solar eclipse, in Eagle County and from area of totality
- One woman dead, another injured after ATV accident north of Eagle County border
- Everything you need to know about today’s solar eclipse over Eagle County
- Massachusetts man dies after Vail Mountain bike crash
- Ski resort consolidation continues as Aspen Skiing Co. affiliate acquires Deer Valley Resort in Utah