Ken Huneycutt, of Avon, 1960-2010
July 14, 2010
Joseph ‘Kenny’ Huneycutt, 50, of Avon died Sunday.
Ken was born March 5, 1960, in Durham, N.C. He was raised and educated in Reno, Nev.
Ken enjoyed life in Vail Valley for 15 years, then 10 years in Kauai, Hawaii, where he met and married his wife, Terry. Ken and Terry also lived in Steamboat Springs for two years before returning home to the mountains of Vail. He achieved great success in real estate sales with Marriott and Starwood Vacation Ownership.
He is survived by his loving wife, Terry; father Dr. Harry C. Huneycutt and wife Rita; mother Christi Huneycutt; sister Sherry Huebner; brother David Huneycutt and wife Anella ; stepsisters Alyson and Carrie Huneycutt, Kimberly Luikart and husband Bill; uncle Glenn Teasley and wife Marilyn and daughter Nancy Kim; niece, Marissa and Erika Huebner and Lauren Huneycutt; and nephew Jake Huneycutt.
In addition to his love for family and friends, Ken loved the great outdoors, snow, water skiing, hiking, mountain biking and his adoring pets.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Vail Interfaith Chapel.
In lieu of flowers, Ken would have preferred donations to Vail Nature Center, 841 Vail Valley Drive, Vail, CO 81657, to care for the mountains he loved so much.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks