Ken Huneycutt, of Avon, 1960-2010
July 14, 2010
Joseph ‘Kenny’ Huneycutt, 50, of Avon died Sunday.
Ken was born March 5, 1960, in Durham, N.C. He was raised and educated in Reno, Nev.
Ken enjoyed life in Vail Valley for 15 years, then 10 years in Kauai, Hawaii, where he met and married his wife, Terry. Ken and Terry also lived in Steamboat Springs for two years before returning home to the mountains of Vail. He achieved great success in real estate sales with Marriott and Starwood Vacation Ownership.
He is survived by his loving wife, Terry; father Dr. Harry C. Huneycutt and wife Rita; mother Christi Huneycutt; sister Sherry Huebner; brother David Huneycutt and wife Anella ; stepsisters Alyson and Carrie Huneycutt, Kimberly Luikart and husband Bill; uncle Glenn Teasley and wife Marilyn and daughter Nancy Kim; niece, Marissa and Erika Huebner and Lauren Huneycutt; and nephew Jake Huneycutt.
In addition to his love for family and friends, Ken loved the great outdoors, snow, water skiing, hiking, mountain biking and his adoring pets.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Vail Interfaith Chapel.
In lieu of flowers, Ken would have preferred donations to Vail Nature Center, 841 Vail Valley Drive, Vail, CO 81657, to care for the mountains he loved so much.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl