Memorial: Carmany Rulofson, 1929-2013
January 27, 2013
Carmany Rulofson, 83, of Vail, died Jan. 22 in Highlands Ranch. She was born March 23, 1929, to Kenneth and Virginia (North) Rulofson in Brooklyn, N.Y. Carmany grew up in Goldens Bridge, N.Y., and attended the Mary A. Burnham School in Northampton, Mass., and the Stoneleigh Prospect School in Greenfield, Mass. She married Ralph S. Heilman in 1950 in Chappaqua, N.Y.
Carmany was an all-around athlete and avid skier, serving as a member of the National Ski Patrol at Catamount in Hillsdale, N.Y., and also as a member of the Vail Ski School in Vail. She performed volunteer services for the American Cancer Society of Westchester County, N.Y., and the Betty Ford Alpine Garden in Vail.
Carmany is survived by her children, W. Strickland (Fay) Heilman, of Millwood, Va., Carmany (Erik) Thorp, of Highlands Ranch, and Marguerite Heilman, of Yardley, Penn.; her brother, Currie R. (Mary) Weed, of Sarasota, Fla., and Harbor Springs, Mich.; her grandchildren, Tarin Horan, Colin Heilman, Galen Thorp and Marguerite Basilico; and four great-grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial donations be made to the American Cancer Society at http://www.cancer.org, or the Alzheimer’s Association at http://www.alz.org, or through one’s local chapter.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Hanging Lake emergencies consuming Glenwood Fire Department resources
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Vail Resorts, Summit County at odds over deal for new apartment project
- Crisis actor allegedly refers to himself as ‘God’ after DUI arrest in Aspen
- ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor