Memorial: Carmany Rulofson, 1929-2013
January 27, 2013
Carmany Rulofson, 83, of Vail, died Jan. 22 in Highlands Ranch. She was born March 23, 1929, to Kenneth and Virginia (North) Rulofson in Brooklyn, N.Y. Carmany grew up in Goldens Bridge, N.Y., and attended the Mary A. Burnham School in Northampton, Mass., and the Stoneleigh Prospect School in Greenfield, Mass. She married Ralph S. Heilman in 1950 in Chappaqua, N.Y.
Carmany was an all-around athlete and avid skier, serving as a member of the National Ski Patrol at Catamount in Hillsdale, N.Y., and also as a member of the Vail Ski School in Vail. She performed volunteer services for the American Cancer Society of Westchester County, N.Y., and the Betty Ford Alpine Garden in Vail.
Carmany is survived by her children, W. Strickland (Fay) Heilman, of Millwood, Va., Carmany (Erik) Thorp, of Highlands Ranch, and Marguerite Heilman, of Yardley, Penn.; her brother, Currie R. (Mary) Weed, of Sarasota, Fla., and Harbor Springs, Mich.; her grandchildren, Tarin Horan, Colin Heilman, Galen Thorp and Marguerite Basilico; and four great-grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorial donations be made to the American Cancer Society at http://www.cancer.org, or the Alzheimer’s Association at http://www.alz.org, or through one’s local chapter.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Avon video game store robbed; police searching for suspect
- Two men found dead in El Jebel area; third person taken to hospital
- In improbable scenario, Devils topple Huskies
- Training for Trump: Air Force at Eagle County airport for high altitude flight training
- Dog dollars: Off-leash pets cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands dollars, law enforcement thousands of hours