Memorial: Diane McMullen, 1949-2012
January 27, 2013
Diane McMullen, 63, died Dec. 28 at Valley View Hospital. Diane was a loving mother, wife, friend, listener and neighbor.
Throughout her life, she was a hands-on creator and interior designer, reconstructing 12 properties, one in East Vail and three in downtown Eagle, including Paradigms Restaurant. Her creativity also extended to the kitchen, where she prepared a range of signature desserts for the restaurant.
She is survived by her husband, Tom; her children, Lea Renay and Nathan McMullen; her grandson, Colter Renay; her brothers, Jim Markowitz (and wife Darlene) and Paul Markowitz; and many nieces and nephews.
For those of you who have been in Paradigms Restaurant, you have the felt warmth and friendliness that are a direct reflection of Diane’s spirit. There will be a reception celebrating her life on Feb. 4 from 4 to 6 p.m. at Paradigms Restaurant in downtown Eagle.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Obituary: Founder of J.Crew and Vail regular Arthur Cinader, 90, dies
- Obituary: John Worth Clark, Feb. 23, 1961, to Sept. 10, 2017
- Celebration of Katie Ciliberto’s life is Sept. 29
- Obituary: Byron Taggart Edwards, Oct. 4, 1937, to Sept. 27, 2017
- Obituary: Celebrate Alan Brock Friday, Sept. 22, in Grand Junction
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Jury acquits Leadville woman on drug distribution, weapons charges
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Vail celebrates opening of new $30.1M underpass to link North, South frontage roads