Memorial: Margaret Susan ‘Peggy’ Rowe, 1954-2012
November 17, 2012
Margaret Susan “Peggy” Rowe, 57, of Leadville, passed away Nov. 12 in Gypsum.
She was born Dec. 29, 1954, in Leadville to John and Helen (Honaker) Rowe. She graduated from Lake County High School. Peggy worked at the Asarco Mine for 17 years. After the mine’s closure, she began a new career as a billing specialist for Vail Valley Medical Center, where she was employed at the time of her death.
Peggy was a member of the Annunciation Catholic Church when she resided in Leadville. After the tragic death of her daughter Amy Sue, she also became a member of Compassionate Friends, an organization of parents who have lost children and who reach out to support each other. Peggy was a big Broncos fan and loved Toby Keith. She enjoyed shopping and going to the movies with friends. Mostly, she enjoyed the kids in her life, whether they were family or just the children of her friends. She would attend all of their events and show her support.
Peggy is survived by her siblings John and wife Brenda Rowe, of Joplin, Mo.; George Rowe, of Leadville; Robert Rowe, of Denver; Anna and husband David Fear, of Canon City; and Theresa and husband Jeff Rutkey, of Leadville; nephews David and John Fear; Jerry and Stephen Rutkey; and honorary nephew Jarred O’Leary; nieces Amber and Stephanie Rowe; Sarah and husband Scott Keith; Jennifer Jones; and Mallory and Leslie Rutkey; and the newest loves in her life, great-nieces Emma Jones, Audrey Rowe and great-nephew Jack Keith. She is preceded in death by her parents and her precious daughter Amy Sue.
A full vigil and rosary service will be held at 6 p.m. today at Annunciation Catholic Church in Leadville. A memorial mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Annunciation Catholic Church with the Rev. Father Jesse Perez as celebrant. Inurnment will follow the memorial mass at St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery in Leadville, next to her daughter, with a reception to follow at Leadville Elks Lodge No. 236. She will be greatly missed by her friends and family.
Bailey-Kent Funeral Home of Leadville is assisting the family with arrangements.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ingrid Rittner
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions