Memorial: Mary ‘Sea’ Duran, 1921-2012
July 29, 2012
Mary “Sea” Duran, 91, who lived in Grand Junction since 2003, passed away Thursday at the Palisade Living Center in Palisade. She was born March 28, 1921, in Amalia, N.M., to Juan B. and Martiniana (Madrid) Santistevan. She married Joe Duran on Nov. 4, 1940, in Del Norte. Sea was a homemaker and child-care provider. She was a member of the Altar and Rosary Society in Red Cliff.
Sea is survived by her daughter Evelyn and husband Jim Lopez, of Llano, N.M.; son Richard A. and wife Geneva Duran, of Grand Junction; granddaughters Laurie and husband Ben Rivera, of Taos, N.M., Carmelita Lopez, of Albuquerque; Jeanette Blankenship, of Grand Junction, Amy Duran, of Westminster and Kayla Duran, of Lakewood; grandson Richard Duran II and wife Raquel, of New Castle; nine great grandchildren and three great great grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her husband, son John Duran and grandsons Jim and Paul Lopez.
A visitation will be held today from 5 to 6 p.m. at St. Patrick Parish Church in Minturn, with a rosary to follow at 6 p.m. A mass of Christian burial will be held Tuesday at 10 a.m. at St. Patrick Parish Church with yhe Rev. Father Roger Lascelle as celebrant. Burial will be at Greenwood Cemetery in Red Cliff with a reception to follow at the Red Cliff Community Center. Bailey-Kent Funeral Home of Leadville is assisting the family with arrangements.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Letter: Elimination of Vail Health pediatric doctors will impact children of valley
- Second rash of West Vail thieves hit at least seven unlocked vehicles
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his last lift ride