Memorial: Mary ‘Sea’ Duran, 1921-2012
July 29, 2012
Mary “Sea” Duran, 91, who lived in Grand Junction since 2003, passed away Thursday at the Palisade Living Center in Palisade. She was born March 28, 1921, in Amalia, N.M., to Juan B. and Martiniana (Madrid) Santistevan. She married Joe Duran on Nov. 4, 1940, in Del Norte. Sea was a homemaker and child-care provider. She was a member of the Altar and Rosary Society in Red Cliff.
Sea is survived by her daughter Evelyn and husband Jim Lopez, of Llano, N.M.; son Richard A. and wife Geneva Duran, of Grand Junction; granddaughters Laurie and husband Ben Rivera, of Taos, N.M., Carmelita Lopez, of Albuquerque; Jeanette Blankenship, of Grand Junction, Amy Duran, of Westminster and Kayla Duran, of Lakewood; grandson Richard Duran II and wife Raquel, of New Castle; nine great grandchildren and three great great grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her husband, son John Duran and grandsons Jim and Paul Lopez.
A visitation will be held today from 5 to 6 p.m. at St. Patrick Parish Church in Minturn, with a rosary to follow at 6 p.m. A mass of Christian burial will be held Tuesday at 10 a.m. at St. Patrick Parish Church with yhe Rev. Father Roger Lascelle as celebrant. Burial will be at Greenwood Cemetery in Red Cliff with a reception to follow at the Red Cliff Community Center. Bailey-Kent Funeral Home of Leadville is assisting the family with arrangements.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vai Daily obituary: Gretta Burdick Parks, Oct. 8, 1928, to March 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- ‘We’ll be racy’: Vail’s Buddy Lazier is running his 20th Indianapolis 500