Obituary: Eliane Paulette Seebacher, 1936-2017
August 29, 2017
Early Vail resident Eliane Seebacher lost her battle with cancer on Aug. 15, 2017. Eliane was born in Thionville, France, on Jan. 6, 1936.
In 1957, Eliane met the love of her life, Hans Seebacher. In 1969, after a ski trip to Vail, they picked up the family and decided to make Vail their home. Eliane loved the mountains and enjoyed skiing, hiking and mushroom hunting. Eliane's biggest loves were her family and her many dear friends.
Eliane is survived by her husband, Hans; daughters, Kathy Thomason and Monique Friedman; granddaughters Sarah and Gabrielle Thomason; and son-in-law James Thomason and was preceded in death by son-in-law Kenneth Friedman.
A memorial service will be held on Sept. 9 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Scottsdale, Arizona, at 11:30 a.m. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Eliane's memory to Hospice of the Valley, 1510 E. Flower Street, Phoenix, AZ 85014.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Gypsum woman hangs herself at Garfield County Jail in Glenwood Springs
- Teen who fell from Hotel Colorado balcony regains consciousness but condition still ‘extremely critical,’ her mom says
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area
- Jury acquits Leadville woman on drug distribution, weapons charges
- Eagle County schedules special hearing for 120-unit 6 West Apartments proposal in Edwards