Obituary: Joe Timlin, 1981 – 2013
April 23, 2013
Joseph Timlin, of Gypsum. passed away in the backcountry near Loveland Pass April 20.
Joe was born March 25, 1981, in Milwaukee. He is survived by his parents, Michael and Joy Timlin; his wife Krissy; siblings Chris and Kelly; brother-in-law Jeff; along with hundreds of friends who were honored to know him.
Joe always had a huge smile on his face which was contagious to those around him. Everyone who knew Joe knows how truly blessed we were to call him a friend or relative.
Joe was a huge part of the local and international snowboarding industry, living and breathing every facet of it. He died doing what he loved the most, which is one small thing that we can take a little bit of comfort in.
When Joe wasn’t snowboarding you could find him with his wife and their dog Sadie walking by the river in their backyard. He was an amazing husband who was often quoted as saying, “No man has ever loved a woman more than I love my wife.”
The funeral service will be held at Donovan Pavilion in Vail on April 26 at 11 a.m. A reception for family and friends afterwards will be held at Bol. We are encouraging everyone to share their fondest memories of Joe at the service.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been set up for Joe and Krissy Timlin. Donations to the Joseph Timlin Memorial Fund can be made at any FirstBank branch in the Vail Valley.
For more information or if you have a service you would like to offer the family, please call Jill, 970-331-1429 or Fiona, 970-376-0581
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vai Daily obituary: Gretta Burdick Parks, Oct. 8, 1928, to March 16, 2017
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past