Obituary: Romon E. "Pepper" Rivera, 1968-2013
March 6, 2013
Romon E. “Pepper” Rivera, of Gypsum, passed away Saturday in Minot, N.D.
Romon was born June 3, 1968, in Grand Junction. He is the son of Isidoro and Flora Rivera. Romon is survived by his mother, Flora; his beloved son Rayman Rivera; and his brothers, sisters, nephews and nieces: Jose, Joe Jr., Justin, Jessica, J.J., Sierra Rivera, Andrita, Becky Levi, Isabella, Adrian Rivera, Carlos Rivera, Kathy, Lexi Rivera, Manuel Martinez and the late Crist Rivera, Jane Rivera and Lonnie Rivera.
Pepper enjoyed being around his son – he was the light of his life. If you knew Pepper, you know what a good man he was. He was a very funny person to be with – he could make anyone laugh.
“Brother, rest in peace, till we meet again. We love you, brother.”
A funeral mass will be held Tuesday at 10 a.m. at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Eagle. Interment will follow at the Gypsum cemetery.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Skier dies at Loveland Ski Area Friday
- Tennis sensation Venus Williams orbits into Vail’s Homestead Court Club
- PHOTOS: Lindsey Vonn skis with avalanche dogs on Vail Mountain
- Changing of the guard: Trio of local restaurants shift management, ownership
- How 85-year-old Ruby Stein and her cat survived five frigid days stranded south of Gypsum