Obituary: Romon E. "Pepper" Rivera, 1968-2013
March 6, 2013
Romon E. “Pepper” Rivera, of Gypsum, passed away Saturday in Minot, N.D.
Romon was born June 3, 1968, in Grand Junction. He is the son of Isidoro and Flora Rivera. Romon is survived by his mother, Flora; his beloved son Rayman Rivera; and his brothers, sisters, nephews and nieces: Jose, Joe Jr., Justin, Jessica, J.J., Sierra Rivera, Andrita, Becky Levi, Isabella, Adrian Rivera, Carlos Rivera, Kathy, Lexi Rivera, Manuel Martinez and the late Crist Rivera, Jane Rivera and Lonnie Rivera.
Pepper enjoyed being around his son – he was the light of his life. If you knew Pepper, you know what a good man he was. He was a very funny person to be with – he could make anyone laugh.
“Brother, rest in peace, till we meet again. We love you, brother.”
A funeral mass will be held Tuesday at 10 a.m. at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Eagle. Interment will follow at the Gypsum cemetery.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Obama taps local school chief for administration post
- Eagle County surveyor arrested for alleged illegal marijuana grow
- Four Argentinian J-1 workers scrambling for housing after falling victim to a Craig’s List rental scam
- Surveyor says he’ll be cleared in pot grow case
- Report of gun in Edwards leads to felony charges