Obituary: William L. Jones, 1933-2017
August 30, 2017
William "Bill" L. Jones, former chief judge for the 5th Judicial District, died Aug. 25. He was 84.
Jones was an active member of the Eagle community, serving as volunteer firefighter and board member with the Greater Eagle Department, and an avid outdoors enthusiast.
He is survived by Margaret, his wife of 53 years, and his children, Cynthia Jones, of Eagle, and Brad (Dominque) Jones, of Gypsum, two granddaughters and many nieces and nephews.
Per his direction, no memorial service is planned.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ reality show, ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail parking pass sales begin Oct. 30 with incentives for early purchases
- Cordillera ‘discriminating against addictions,’ federal ADA lawsuit claims
- Eagle County approves Edwards area, 120-unit 6 West Apartments plan
- Weeding through marijuana: Experts, advocates talk cannabidiol (CBD)