Vail Daily obituary: Jodie Rae Thatcher, 1956-2017
February 15, 2017
Jodie Rae Thatcher, age 60, died Feb. 11, 2017, after battling cancer for nearly six years.
She was born in Denver and was the daughter of the late Alvin Earnest Wilson and Muriel June Wilson. She married James Wallace Thatcher on Oct. 5, 1980, and they were happily married until his sudden death on Sept. 1, 2010.
She always enjoyed spending time with her kids John and Tom Thatcher, and her two grandkids Kevin and Tinslee, who meant the world to her. She was always a very family-oriented person as well as a very hard worker and had the kindest heart. She enjoyed the outdoors, crafts and loved all animals, especially her two dogs Pepper and Henry.
The family is going to have a memorial potluck at Sweetwater Community Center on Saturday at 2 p.m., where they will have pictures of Jodie and all the good times she had.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past