Vail Daily obituaries: Ernst O. Glatzle, 1935-2013
April 20, 2013
Ernst O. Glatzle , born on January 12, 1935, in Stuttgart, Germany, passed away on April 14 in his home in Venice, Florida.
Ernst came to North America in 1954. He started his new life in New Foundland and Ontario and became a Canadian citizen. Later he moved to the New York City area before he settled in Vail in the late 1970s. Ernst opened his business, Archer’s Electrics, in Vail, which he ran until he became the electrical inspector for the town of Vail and later for the town of Avon during the next two decades.
During his years in Vail, Ernst was an active soccer and tennis player and could also be frequently seen on the ski slopes. Ernst saw Vail grow and was an active part of the community until he left the town in 2007. Last year, when he again spent a summer out in Vail because he missed the mountains and his friends, he was diagnosed with mesothelioma, better known as asbestos cancer.
His German family wants to thank his partner Dagmar Lauvray, who took such good care of him until his death. We also want to thank his many friends from the Vail Valley who frequently contacted us or him about his health. What a great friendship!
In memory of a great uncle and a loving brother.
Signed Annette and Ursula Hofmann (Filderstadt, Germany) and Ruth Hohlfeld (Stuttgart, Germany).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Shifting silt soil moved to build Eagle school foundation on bedrock
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride