Vail Daily obituary: Allan MacRossie, 1931-2013
August 21, 2013
William Allan MacRossie, 82, of Eagle, died Aug. 13 in Glenwood Springs after a short illness.
Allan was born June 10, 1931, in New York. He first fell in love with Colorado at the age of 8, on the back of a trail horse named King.
After graduating from Cornell University, Allan served in the U.S. Army.
The MacRossie family moved to Vail in the early 1970s, where he had a successful real estate appraisal business.
Allan's children, Margie, Diane and Charlie, attended Vail schools and the family was very active in the Vail community. They were also avid skiers and scuba divers.
In 1989, Allan married Mary Louise Hickerson, of Denver. Their shared love of the Colorado mountains led them to establishing the Holy Cross Llama Ranch in Eagle, where they have lived since 1993.
He is survived by his wife, Mary Louise MacRossie; son, Charlie MacRossie; daughter Diane MacRossie; and grandchildren, Connor, Allana, Andrew, Cailyn, Will and Hallie.
His daughter Margie precedes him in death.
Allan's life will be celebrated Saturday at 11 a.m. at Holy Cross Llama Ranch at 1539 Eby Creek Road in Eagle. A light lunch will be served.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Activewear company Liquido ticketed, faces fines for Hanging Lake conduct
- Vail Valley Foundation announces free concert lineup for Vail and Eagle
- Town of Eagle parts ways with former manager John Schneiger after one year
- Paraglider crashes into river near Eagle; rescued by passing rafters
- ‘Poop patrol’ aims to fix park waste issue