Vail Daily obituary: Allan MacRossie, 1931-2013
August 21, 2013
William Allan MacRossie, 82, of Eagle, died Aug. 13 in Glenwood Springs after a short illness.
Allan was born June 10, 1931, in New York. He first fell in love with Colorado at the age of 8, on the back of a trail horse named King.
After graduating from Cornell University, Allan served in the U.S. Army.
The MacRossie family moved to Vail in the early 1970s, where he had a successful real estate appraisal business.
Allan's children, Margie, Diane and Charlie, attended Vail schools and the family was very active in the Vail community. They were also avid skiers and scuba divers.
In 1989, Allan married Mary Louise Hickerson, of Denver. Their shared love of the Colorado mountains led them to establishing the Holy Cross Llama Ranch in Eagle, where they have lived since 1993.
He is survived by his wife, Mary Louise MacRossie; son, Charlie MacRossie; daughter Diane MacRossie; and grandchildren, Connor, Allana, Andrew, Cailyn, Will and Hallie.
His daughter Margie precedes him in death.
Allan's life will be celebrated Saturday at 11 a.m. at Holy Cross Llama Ranch at 1539 Eby Creek Road in Eagle. A light lunch will be served.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Jury duty both frustrates and fulfills would-be jurors in Eagle County
- Beaver Creek upgrades beginner lift — at highest point of mountain
- Riders turn out for Colorado-Eagle River Ride