Vail Daily obituary: Amos Mondragon, 1957–2014
February 19, 2014
Amos Mondragon, 56, of Red Cliff since 1962, passed away at his residence on Saturday. He was born on Aug. 25, 1957, to Florencio and Sadie (Lopez) Mondragon in Ojito, N.M. He attended Red Cliff Elementary and graduated from Battle Mountain High School in 1977.
Amos worked as a miner at the New Jersey Zinc Mine in Gilman and at the Climax Mine. He worked construction for various construction companies. Amos and the Mondragon cousins built Mango's and the Green Bridge Inn. His most recent employment was for the town of Red Cliff. Amos was a great asset for the town of Red Cliff. He enjoyed the outdoors, snowmobiling, hunting and fishing. Fishing the high country lakes was his passion. He could hardly wait for the ice to melt off so he could travel to the mountains to fish. Amos deeply loved spending time with his family and his grandchildren.
Amos is survived by his mother, Sadie, of Red Cliff; son Ross and wife Delicia and their children Darian, Amelia and Eli Mondragon, of Minturn; sisters Louann, of New Mexico, and Joyce and husband Sammy Cordova, of New Mexico; and brother Florencio Mondragon Jr., of Red Cliff. He was preceded in death by his father and numerous aunts and uncles.
A memorial Mass of Christian burial will be held at 6 p.m. on Thursday at St. Patrick's Parish Church in Minturn with the Rev. Father Jim Baird as celebrant. A reception will follow the memorial Mass at the St. Patrick Spirit Center in Minturn. Internment will be at a later date in New Mexico. Bailey-Kent Funeral Home of Leadville is assisting the family with arrangements. Please visit http://www.bailey kentfuneralhome.com to send a condolence to the family.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions