Vail Daily obituary: Artie Anton, 1939-2013
September 9, 2013
Arthur Ward "Artie" Anton, born May 28, 1939, in New Jersey, died July 17 after a series of illnesses in Houston.
Preceded in death by his parents, Harold and Marian, of New Jersey, he is survived by his wife, Eileen McBay; his brothers, Harold (Dottie), Robert (Jeanette) and Jan; his sister, Jane McDevitt (Gerald); his former wife, Antoinette Akromis Anton; his four children, Craig (Lesley), Toni Hipp (Mike), Brian (Traci), and Megan; and his seven grandchildren.
Artie had a passion for music, history and art, and loved making mixes of jazz and giving them to friends. He shared a love of laughter and had a great sense of humor. Artie married Eileen McBay in Vail 20 years ago and moved to Houston. They enjoyed traveling and visiting his children and grandchildren.
There will be a service at the Vail Memorial Park from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sept. 21.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Steadman Clinic, Vail Valley Medical Center unveil $68M expansion
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Vail police see increase in fraudulent ski passes
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change