Vail Daily obituary: Artie Anton, 1939-2013
September 9, 2013
Arthur Ward "Artie" Anton, born May 28, 1939, in New Jersey, died July 17 after a series of illnesses in Houston.
Preceded in death by his parents, Harold and Marian, of New Jersey, he is survived by his wife, Eileen McBay; his brothers, Harold (Dottie), Robert (Jeanette) and Jan; his sister, Jane McDevitt (Gerald); his former wife, Antoinette Akromis Anton; his four children, Craig (Lesley), Toni Hipp (Mike), Brian (Traci), and Megan; and his seven grandchildren.
Artie had a passion for music, history and art, and loved making mixes of jazz and giving them to friends. He shared a love of laughter and had a great sense of humor. Artie married Eileen McBay in Vail 20 years ago and moved to Houston. They enjoyed traveling and visiting his children and grandchildren.
There will be a service at the Vail Memorial Park from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sept. 21.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Toughill memorial service notice
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations