Vail Daily obituary: Artie Anton, 1939-2013
September 9, 2013
Arthur Ward "Artie" Anton, born May 28, 1939, in New Jersey, died July 17 after a series of illnesses in Houston.
Preceded in death by his parents, Harold and Marian, of New Jersey, he is survived by his wife, Eileen McBay; his brothers, Harold (Dottie), Robert (Jeanette) and Jan; his sister, Jane McDevitt (Gerald); his former wife, Antoinette Akromis Anton; his four children, Craig (Lesley), Toni Hipp (Mike), Brian (Traci), and Megan; and his seven grandchildren.
Artie had a passion for music, history and art, and loved making mixes of jazz and giving them to friends. He shared a love of laughter and had a great sense of humor. Artie married Eileen McBay in Vail 20 years ago and moved to Houston. They enjoyed traveling and visiting his children and grandchildren.
There will be a service at the Vail Memorial Park from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sept. 21.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vai Daily obituary: Gretta Burdick Parks, Oct. 8, 1928, to March 16, 2017
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl