Vail Daily obituary: Athena Buxman, 1920-2013
April 10, 2013
Athena Buxman, 92, of Glenwood Springs, died April 3.
She was born Nov. 13, 1920, in Denver to Dimitri and Mary Razatos.
She was a member of the Vail community from 1968 until moving to Tucson, Ariz., in 1995. She loved the mountains and was an active member of the early Vail community. Like most Vail locals, she hiked, played golf, and alpine skiied. Athena cross-country skiied from Aspen to Vail on the hut route when she was well into her 70s.
She passed quietly in Glenwood Springs surrounded by her family.
She is survived by her daughters Mary Flast of Eugene, Ore., and Chris Fox of Phoenix; and her son, John Buxman Jr., of Glenwood Springs.
Services will be April 21 from 2-5 p.m. at Blue Plate Bistro in Avon.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from Colorado Lottery
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues