Vail Daily obituary: Betty Jo Schmidt, 1921-2014
October 14, 2014
Betty Jo Schmidt passed away on June 25.
She was preceded in death by her daughter, her husband, her brother and her sister. She is survived by her son Jack Schmidt, of Cedaredge; four grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and eight nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held July 12 at First Baptist Church of Gypsum, 900 Second St. Fellowship for friends and relatives will begin at 1:30 p.m. The memorial service will be at 2 p.m. with a meal and more fellowship time to follow.
Memorial contributions can be made to Hope West, Hospice of Delta County, P.O. Box 24, Delta, CO 81416.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Letter: What has become of the common bond that brought us to Vail?
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Vail Valley ranchers say they have the only zero-carbon footprint marijuana grow in Colorado
- PHOTOS: Our favorite reader images of the Vail Valley’s first snow of the season
- Eagle and Gypsum can’t offer much in the way of rental cost relief in Eagle County