Vail Daily obituary: Bruce Glenn Keith, 1946-2013
August 26, 2013
Bruce Glenn Keith, 66, of Evergreen, passed away Aug. 6 surrounded by family and friends at the Exempla Lutheran Hospice at Collier Hospice in Wheat Ridge.
He was born Dec. 8, 1946, in Long Beach, Calif., the son of the late Bruce Garth Keith and Mae Joslin Keith, who currently resides in Palos Verdes Estates, Calif. He was the oldest of three children.
He attended Palos Verdes High School and obtained a bachelor's degree in hospitality and business management at University of Southern California. He managed hotels and restaurants in San Francisco; Big Sky, Mont.; and South Florida. He was the general manager of the Sandestin Resort in Florida, worked for Aircoa in Denver and then became the CEO and CFO of his own business, Property and Hotel Management, also located in Denver. The company managed and owned an extensive portfolio of properties in Colorado, Arizona and Wyoming, including the Evergreen Lodge at Vail and the Douglas Best Western.
Bruce had a passion for sailing and enjoyed skiing, tennis, golf, running, basketball, baseball, dancing and playing the guitar.
He attended Rockland Community Church in Golden and accompanied his parents to Rolling Hills Covenant Church in Rolling Hills Estates, Calif., when he would visit them.
A memorial service will be held at the Rolling Hills Covenant Church in Rolling Hills, Calif., on Sept. 4 at 11:30 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that you consider donations to Lutheran Collier Hospice in Wheat Ridge, Rockland Community Church in Golden or Rolling Hills Covenant Church in Rolling Hills Estates, Calif. His family would like to thank all those who loved him.
He is survived by daughters Ladonna Keith (Brian) Armstong, Amber Keith (Greg) Ham and Jessica Keith; his mother, Mae J Keith; brother Michael (Brenda) Keith; and sister Carolin Keith (Robert) Wade
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Toughill memorial service notice
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations