Vail Daily obituary: Chris Frame, 1930-2014
October 14, 2014
Chris Frame, longtime Vail resident from 1970 to 2003, passed away June 4 due to complications from leukemia. Frame was born Oct. 10, 1930, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She lived in Waukesha, Wisconsin, before moving to Vail, and spent the last 10 years living in the Palm Springs area of California. Frame proudly attended Marquette University after high school, where she studied journalism. Always beautiful, polite and a gentle lady her entire life, she loved traveling, tennis and skiing. In Vail she enjoyed working with Sheika at Pepi's and loved listening to Micky Poage play the piano at the Lodge. She also enjoyed skiing in the winters (her favorite runs were Ramshorn and Lost Boy), and spending time with her friends from water aerobics in the summers. She is survived by son John (Sandy) LaConte, grandsons John (Polina) LaConte, Jacob (Casey) LaConte, siblings Richard, Norma, Glenn, Jon and Alan, and relatives from all over the United States and many friends from all over the world. Her brother Richard was also her best friend and a former Vail resident; special thanks goes out to him for all his help and support. A private memorial will be held in Vail this fall.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- At Tommy Zima’s you’re not in Gypsum anymore
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks