Vail Daily obituary: Christopher Derek Nause, 1977-2013
February 18, 2014
Christopher Derek Nause, 36, of Meridian, Miss., formerly of the Vail Valley, passed away Saturday in Meridian. Derek was a graduate of Mississippi State University having earned his Bachelor of Science degree in landscape construction. He furthered his education by earning his master's degree in landscape architecture. He received multiple awards in his chosen field in addition to being published. Derek loved to travel and traveled extensively. He loved music and loved his many friends of all ages and all walks of life. Derek will be greatly missed.
He leaves behind his mother, Brenda Nause; his sister, Nicole Nause; and his best friend, Buddy; he also leaves behind many aunts, uncles and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his father, Percy Nause; and his maternal and paternal grandparents.
Honorary pallbearers were Craig Burks, Jorge Badillo, Daniel McKay, Tommy Howard, Smitty Smith and John Weatherford.
In lieu of flowers, the family lovingly requests memorials be made to Mississippi State University Landscape Department, Box 9725, Mississippi State, MS 39762.
Services were held Wednesday at St. Patrick Catholic Church with Father Frank Cosgrove officiating. Pallbearers were Eric Entrekin, Michael Martin, Pearce Dickson, Jason Raley, Jeeter, Clay Cain, Keith Crist and Ashley Peeler.
James F. Webb Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Family and friends may sign the online guestbook at http://www.jamesfwebb.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Obituary: The life of the one and only Kurt Keltner
- Obituary: Mrs. Clara A. Valencia, Aug. 27, 1936, to Sept. 11, 2017
- Obituary: Michael ‘Mike’ D. Lujan, Aug. 20 1958 – Sept. 6, 2017
- Obituary: Perfecto C. Rivera, March 28, 1931, to Sept. 4, 2017
- Obituary: Robert Leroy Kesterson, Oct. 15, 1935 – Sept. 9, 2017
- Arvada woman pleads not guilty in Eagle County crash that killed two of her children
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office: Man arrested after report of masturbation in Miller Ranch Open Space in Edwards
- Speed limits on I-70 through Glenwood Canyon could go as low as 30 mph with new technology
- Colorado police on the hunt for ‘The Mad Pooper’ — aka the poop-and-run jogger
- American Airlines to start all-year, daily service from Dallas-Fort Worth to Eagle County’s airport