Vail Daily obituary: Cinda Rau, 1953-2014
June 30, 2014
Cinda Rau, age 60, of Scottsdale, Arizona, passed away on Thursday at her home surrounded by family after a courageous battle with cancer.
She was born Oct. 31, 1953, in Tiffin, Ohio, and was raised in Berwick, Ohio. She and her husband lived in Eagle for many years.
She was a police officer with the Vail Police Department before moving to Scottsdale in 2001. After moving to Scottsdale she worked with the Maricopa County Assessor's Office, where she made many new friends.
She is survived by her loving husband, Duane, and sons Steven, David and Christopher. She is also survived by her beloved siblings Bob, Bart and Linda. She will be missed by her family and many others that she touched with her infectious smile and kindness.
She enjoyed knitting, movies and coffee. She also loved animals.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. today at Shepherd of the Desert, 9590 E. Shea Blvd., in Scottsdale.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vai Daily obituary: Gretta Burdick Parks, Oct. 8, 1928, to March 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past
- New Eagle City Market compiles positive comments, sales tax numbers
- Real estate options in Wildridge offer privacy, open space and value (video)
- Vail Daily column: Summer paid parking in Vail?