Vail Daily obituary: Clifford Lyle Vincent Sr.
December 11, 2012
Clifford Lyle Vincent Sr., of Sweetwater, formerly of Hixton and Hortonville, Wis., has ended his long journey, here with us, and will forever reside at Boot Hill, on Sunday at his home while under the care of hospice.
Cliff was born on May 12, 1932, to Merle and Beulah (Bristol) Vincent in Green Bay, Wis.
He has spent the past 48 years with his wife, Karen (Kay Peterson), whom he married on Nov. 20, 1965. Cliff and Kay resided on their Hixton area farm until moving to the Appleton/Hortonville area in 1976. Cliff was employed as an Iron Worker with Lunda Construction, CR Meyers and Azco Hennes. In 1992, Cliff packed up his family and headed to Sweetwater, so he could live out his dreams in the Rocky Mountains, or, as Dad called it, “the wild wild West.” He wanted to spend his golden years hunting and fishing his days away. He knew the mountains and streams like no one else. He loved to saddle up his horse and head for a mountain top to scout out his next adventure, that he would love to tell you about during your next visit with him.
Cliff was a amazing husband, father, grandpa and friend. His laughter and wisdom will be missed by us daily.
Cliff is survived by his wife, Kay, and their children: Barb (Steve Jarstad), Chris, Lisa (Dave Wathen), Angie (Scott Suntken), Nicki (Ricky Giron), Karen (Brian VanEperen), Ron (Lynn), Steve, Dan (Julie), Rich (Roxanne); grandchildren, Ashleigh, Trevor, Riley, Ryan, Brittany, Tyler, Larry, Tim, Ericka, Jackson, Chance, Heather, Holly, Erik, Alex, Bo, Nik, Brendan, Jeremy, Justin; a wagonload of great-grandkids; sisters-in-law Betty Yudes and Eileen Vincent; many wonderful nieces and nephews; and brothers-in-law Chuck Lindberg and Jack Hoff.
Cliff is preceded in death by his parents; sons Clifford Jr. and Mark; grandchildren Michael and Meagan; brothers Gib, Ed, Nyle and Jim; and sisters Eunice, Violet and Susie.
Funeral services will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. at Taylor Lutheran Church in Taylor, Wis. The Rev. Benjamin Ahles-Iverson will be officiating. Burial will be held at a later date.
Family and friends are invited for visitation Friday from 5-8 p.m. at Jensen-Modjeski Funeral Home, Hixton, Wis. Family and friends are also invited for visitation Saturday from 10 a.m. until the time of the service at the church.
Jensen-Modjeski Funeral Home of Hixton, Wis., is assisting the family with arrangements.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ludwig ‘Louie’ Jordan: A life well lived
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- Eagle boarder cited for unlawful acts in case of dog killed by mountain lion
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Vail Mountain School commencement embraces future, as well as past