Vail Daily obituary: D.A. ‘Bucko’ Clark, 1950-2013
September 28, 2013
David Alan "Bucko" Clark passed away Sept. 18. Clark was born Aug. 5, 1950, in Springfield, Vt., to his parents Percy and Betty Jean Clark. He attended Springfield High School as well as the University of Vermont, where he graduated with a degree in history in 1972. After graduating from college, Clark moved out west and settled in the Vail Valley.
During his time here, he was involved in both the construction industry and the restaurant business.
Clark was a tried and true Boston Red Sox fan, and he loved spending time and having fun with friends and family. He was always up for a Jeep trip, and among his favorite things were a great game of a golf. Clark was hard working but certainly knew how to have a great time. He will be remembered and greatly missed by many friends as well as his family.
Clark is survived by his mother, Betty Jean, of Riverdale, N.Y.; his brother and sister, Doug and Sherrie; and his children, Max, Paige and Bart Clark of Edwards.
A memorial service will be held at the Eagle-Vail Pavilion on Oct. 10 at 6 p.m.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Obituary: Celebrate Alan Brock Friday, Sept. 22, in Grand Junction
- Obituary: The life of the one and only Kurt Keltner
- Vail Daily obituary: Kenneth O. Friedman, 1957-2017
- Obituary: Michael ‘Mike’ D. Lujan, Aug. 20 1958 – Sept. 6, 2017
- Obituary: Theodore Lawrence James III, Dec. 13, 1957, to Aug. 28, 2017
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Vail Valley ranchers say they have the only zero-carbon footprint marijuana grow in Colorado
- Letter: What has become of the common bond that brought us to Vail?
- PHOTOS: Our favorite reader images of the Vail Valley’s first snow of the season
- Cost is in on Ben Harper’s Avon concert: a loss of $68K