Vail Daily obituary: Dale P. Aden, 1936-2012
December 13, 2012
Dale P. Aden, of Eagle, passed away Dec. 11. He was 76 years old and struggled with cancer for the past seven years.He was born in Lincoln, Neb., and grew up in western Pennsylvania. He traveled by train to Fort Collins and attended Colorado State University.After graduation in 1961, he remained in Colorado working in the meat industry until 1974, when he took a position with OSI Industries, a meat processor with plants around the world and supplier to McDonald’s restaurants, based in Aurora, Ill. Dale retired in 1999 and returned to Colorado in 2005.He was involved with the Eagle River Presbyterian Church and Jack’s Place at Shaw Cancer Center (board member).He is survived by his wife, Nora Fryklund; sons Michael and Eric; daughter Karen; brother Dean; and grandchildren Kaeberle, Mckenna and Hadley.Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Eagle River Presbyterian Church.Donations may be made to the Shaw Cancer Center in lieu of flowers. Everett Family Funeral Home & Crematory is in charge of arrangements.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Letter: What has become of the common bond that brought us to Vail?
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Vail Valley ranchers say they have the only zero-carbon footprint marijuana grow in Colorado
- PHOTOS: Our favorite reader images of the Vail Valley’s first snow of the season
- Eagle and Gypsum can’t offer much in the way of rental cost relief in Eagle County