Vail Daily obituary: David Sawyer, 1939-2013
August 20, 2013
David Lakeman Sawyer, 74, of Clearwater, Fla., and Edwards, passed away at his home in Denver on Friday with his family by his side.
Dave was born in Groton, Mass., on June 8, 1939 to Roland and Mary (Tagg) Sawyer. Dave is survived and loved by his wife of 46 years, Joan, their five children, Debra (Billy) Johnson, David, Diane (John) Nemmers, Douglas (Wendy) and Donald (Sarah); seven grandchildren, Allison, Lauren, Audrey, Ella, Jack, Caroline and Nicholas; and Dave's sister, Sandra (Paul) Hallet. Dave is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with an M.S. in animal science. Dave worked in the food industry for over 50 years. He began his career with Swift & Co. in 1963. He most recently served as vice chairman of Downs Food Group. In lieu of flowers, Dave has requested contributions to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital at stjude.org.
Visitation will be Wednesday from 3-8 p.m. and Thursday from 10-11 a.m. Funeral mass will be Aug. 22 at 11:30 a.m. Both the visitation and mass will be held at Archdiocese of Denver Mortuary Chapel, 12801 West 44th Ave., Wheat Ridge.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery