Vail Daily obituary: David Sawyer, 1939-2013
August 20, 2013
David Lakeman Sawyer, 74, of Clearwater, Fla., and Edwards, passed away at his home in Denver on Friday with his family by his side.
Dave was born in Groton, Mass., on June 8, 1939 to Roland and Mary (Tagg) Sawyer. Dave is survived and loved by his wife of 46 years, Joan, their five children, Debra (Billy) Johnson, David, Diane (John) Nemmers, Douglas (Wendy) and Donald (Sarah); seven grandchildren, Allison, Lauren, Audrey, Ella, Jack, Caroline and Nicholas; and Dave's sister, Sandra (Paul) Hallet. Dave is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with an M.S. in animal science. Dave worked in the food industry for over 50 years. He began his career with Swift & Co. in 1963. He most recently served as vice chairman of Downs Food Group. In lieu of flowers, Dave has requested contributions to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital at stjude.org.
Visitation will be Wednesday from 3-8 p.m. and Thursday from 10-11 a.m. Funeral mass will be Aug. 22 at 11:30 a.m. Both the visitation and mass will be held at Archdiocese of Denver Mortuary Chapel, 12801 West 44th Ave., Wheat Ridge.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Marjorie Chandler, July 25, 1926, to March 21, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Justin Edward Tarr, 1981-2017