Vail Daily obituary: Deirdre Ann Smith, 1965-2013
October 13, 2013
Alan Brown would like to invite all friends to a celebration of the life of Deirdre Ann Smith, also known as Chef Dee, March 11, 1965-July 3, 2013, to be held at the Vail Chophouse in Lionshead on Oct. 26 beginning at 4 p.m. (free parking). Please join us to celebrate her life.
I would like to ask everyone to RSVP via email to alan@vail chophouse.com or call 970-477-0555 so we know how much food to prepare.
Born and raised in Brick, N.J., Dee attended culinary school before moving to Colorado, where she worked as a respected chef while raising her daughter. She was known and loved by many.
Dee is survived by her husband, Alan Brown; her daughter, Desiré Nicole Smith; her father, Ritchie Smith; and her sister and brother-in-law, Carrie and Lou D'Atorio. Her cousins, nieces, nephews and friends will all miss her deeply.
A memorial fund has been set up at 1st Bank of Colorado under Dee Smith Memorial Fund, 1st Bank of Vail, 17 Vail Road, Vail, CO 81657. For more information, call 970-979-3316.
We look forward to seeing you at the celebration.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Vail Daily obituary: Richard “Dick” Joseph Blair, May 26, 1929, to June 26, 2017
- Florida man busted in pair of Eagle County carfentanil overdose deaths
- Vail Daily letter: Add more parking? Reduce the speed limit?
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Breaking: Interstate 70 eastbound near Dowd Junction reopened
- Minturn man gets 20 to 40 years in prison for shooting at cops during robbery