Vail Daily obituary: Emmet A. Mossman, 1917-2013
August 20, 2013
Emmet A. Mossman passed away peacefully in his home Aug. 8.
Born Emmet Aquila Mossman on July 6, 1917, in Albuquerque, N.M., Emmet moved to California and graduated from University of California as an engineer.
He married his wife, Ruth, on November 15, 1943, in San Francisco. Their marriage lasted 68 years. He worked for NACA and later Martin Marietta. They moved to Denver in 1954. They also built a house in Vail in the early '60s as a weekend getaway. He was a nationally ranked tennis player in his 80s.
Emmet is survived by his brother and sister-in-law, Paul and Ann Mossman, five nephews, four nieces, and nine great-nephews and nieces.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. on Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, 2375 E. Arizona, Denver.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Eric Rosenquist, June 7, 1959, to May 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Bradley Chandler Post, March 22, 1950, to May 14, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ann-Margret Eklund, April 16, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Carmen Rosalie Morris, Dec. 18, 1928, to April 18, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Ingrid Rittner
- Eagle, homeowner team up on grant request to tear down Broadway house
- School board says no to Walking Mountains, yes to $510K scholastic app
- American Airlines will have daily air service from Dallas to Eagle County
- Alleged internet predator arrested, jailed for sex with 13-year-old girl
- Hovey & Harrison opening in Edwards, offering meal subscriptions