Vail Daily obituary: Emmet A. Mossman, 1917-2013
August 20, 2013
Emmet A. Mossman passed away peacefully in his home Aug. 8.
Born Emmet Aquila Mossman on July 6, 1917, in Albuquerque, N.M., Emmet moved to California and graduated from University of California as an engineer.
He married his wife, Ruth, on November 15, 1943, in San Francisco. Their marriage lasted 68 years. He worked for NACA and later Martin Marietta. They moved to Denver in 1954. They also built a house in Vail in the early '60s as a weekend getaway. He was a nationally ranked tennis player in his 80s.
Emmet is survived by his brother and sister-in-law, Paul and Ann Mossman, five nephews, four nieces, and nine great-nephews and nieces.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. on Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, 2375 E. Arizona, Denver.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Daily obituary: Britton John Green, April 1, 1985, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Toughill memorial service notice
- Vail Daily obituary: Tracie Lee Johnson
- Vail Daily obituary: Michael Edmund Toughill, March 30, 1946, to July 15, 2017
- Vail Daily obituary: James (Jimmie) Benjamin Cline
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Outpouring of support begins for Eagle bartender Dita Richterova
- Vail Daily letter: Response to: ‘Political sign inappropriate for Vail parade’
- Locals searching for dog that fled head-on crash on Vail Pass Saturday
- The town of Vail looks at revising, tightening its rent-by-owner regulations