Vail Daily obituary: Frederic Patric Nordstrom, 1953-2012
November 2, 2012
Frederic Patric Nordstrom passed away peacefully Oct. 19, surrounded by his children, Eric and Bay (Elizabeth), and their mother, Margo Behler. He will be missed greatly by all those he knew and touched while he was on this earth. He fought a valiant battle with cancer over the past year, before finally succumbing to his disease.
Freddie was born on June 6, 1953, in Bay City, Mich., to Herbert and Patricia Nordstrom. He headed west in the 1970s, settling in Vail. Freddie was a great chef who left his mark on many restaurants in the valley. He was happiest when spending time with his two children, who were everything to him. Outside of the kitchen, Freddie was an accomplished skier and tennis player who also loved tending to the flowers in his garden and playing with his dog Gandolf.
He was predeceased by his father, Herbert; mother Patricia; and brothers Brook and David. He is survived by his two children; his brothers Michael, Herb, and William(Bill); and his sisters Mary and Niki.
The family requests that donations be made to Homecare and Hospice of the Valley, who made Freddie’s last months on this earth as peaceful and comfortable as they possibly could have been.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Steadman Clinic, Vail Valley Medical Center unveil $68M expansion
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from lottery
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen
- Vail police see increase in fraudulent ski passes