Vail Daily obituary: Frederic Patric Nordstrom, 1953-2012
November 2, 2012
Frederic Patric Nordstrom passed away peacefully Oct. 19, surrounded by his children, Eric and Bay (Elizabeth), and their mother, Margo Behler. He will be missed greatly by all those he knew and touched while he was on this earth. He fought a valiant battle with cancer over the past year, before finally succumbing to his disease.
Freddie was born on June 6, 1953, in Bay City, Mich., to Herbert and Patricia Nordstrom. He headed west in the 1970s, settling in Vail. Freddie was a great chef who left his mark on many restaurants in the valley. He was happiest when spending time with his two children, who were everything to him. Outside of the kitchen, Freddie was an accomplished skier and tennis player who also loved tending to the flowers in his garden and playing with his dog Gandolf.
He was predeceased by his father, Herbert; mother Patricia; and brothers Brook and David. He is survived by his two children; his brothers Michael, Herb, and William(Bill); and his sisters Mary and Niki.
The family requests that donations be made to Homecare and Hospice of the Valley, who made Freddie’s last months on this earth as peaceful and comfortable as they possibly could have been.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Letter: What has become of the common bond that brought us to Vail?
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Vail Valley ranchers say they have the only zero-carbon footprint marijuana grow in Colorado
- PHOTOS: Our favorite reader images of the Vail Valley’s first snow of the season
- Eagle and Gypsum can’t offer much in the way of rental cost relief in Eagle County