Vail Daily obituary: G. Hudson Wirth
July 23, 2012
G. Hudson Wirth, 86, longtime Northbrook, Ill. resident, passed away July 6,.
Born and raised in Wausau, Wisc, he was the beloved husband of the late Marjorie “Chris” Christiansen; loving father of Scott (Cynthia) and the late Carol Spolnik; proud grandfather of Rebecca and Zac Wirth; brother of the late Marge Seals and Alice Van Horne. He was a WWII army veteran, and served in 6th Armory Division during the Battle of the Bulge.
Hudson was a graduate of Wausau High School and Carleton College. He was a stock broker in Chicago for many years, YMCA “Fun Seeker,” frequent vistor to, and home and business owner in Vail. A graveside service was held July 21 at Restlawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Wausau. A memorial service will be held July 28, at 3 p.m. at Glenview Community Church in Glenview, Ill. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to Carleton College, Attn: Development Department, 300 N. College, Northfield, Minn, 55057.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Obituary: Celebrate Alan Brock Friday, Sept. 22, in Grand Junction
- Obituary: The life of the one and only Kurt Keltner
- Obituary: Michael ‘Mike’ D. Lujan, Aug. 20 1958 – Sept. 6, 2017
- Obituary: Perfecto C. Rivera, March 28, 1931, to Sept. 4, 2017
- Obituary: Elisa A. Haskins, Feb. 23, 1963, to Sept. 4, 2017
- Truck driver dies in fiery Vail Pass crash that closed Interstate 70 for hours Thursday and Friday
- Eagle County Sheriff’s Office identifies 22-year-old arrested in connection with alleged public masturbation
- Cost is in on Ben Harper’s Avon concert: a loss of $68K
- Eagle bike/motorcycle accident detailed in Crime Stoppers alert resolved
- Letter: No luck with customer service at USPS in Vail