Vail Daily obituary: G. Hudson Wirth
July 23, 2012
G. Hudson Wirth, 86, longtime Northbrook, Ill. resident, passed away July 6,.
Born and raised in Wausau, Wisc, he was the beloved husband of the late Marjorie “Chris” Christiansen; loving father of Scott (Cynthia) and the late Carol Spolnik; proud grandfather of Rebecca and Zac Wirth; brother of the late Marge Seals and Alice Van Horne. He was a WWII army veteran, and served in 6th Armory Division during the Battle of the Bulge.
Hudson was a graduate of Wausau High School and Carleton College. He was a stock broker in Chicago for many years, YMCA “Fun Seeker,” frequent vistor to, and home and business owner in Vail. A graveside service was held July 21 at Restlawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Wausau. A memorial service will be held July 28, at 3 p.m. at Glenview Community Church in Glenview, Ill. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to Carleton College, Attn: Development Department, 300 N. College, Northfield, Minn, 55057.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Gypsum woman wins $100,000 from Colorado Lottery
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues