Vail Daily obituary: George Jaramillo, 1967-2012
October 16, 2012
George Jaramillo, 45, of Alamosa, died Saturday.
He was born in Leadville and lived in Minturn the majority of his life.
He was preceded in death by his father Fred Jaramillo (Sept. 24, 2010) and is survived by his mother, Selfa; his sisters Julia (Dave O’Brien) and Mildred (Julian Romero); brother Billy (Elizabeth Jaramillo); sisters Rebecca Mondragon, Dorothy (Ed Eastwood), and Bertha (Anthony Garcia); his daughters Ashley (Brandon Guodace), Vanessa, Gabriella; and son Jacob; two grandbabies, Makenna and Mattisyn, and one on the way; and numerous nieces and nephews.
When he was younger, he was a Golden Glove boxer, an all-star pitcher and loved to pitch horseshoes. He enjoyed watching all sporting events and liked the Broncos, Nuggets and Avalanche. He was known by all of his family and friends as an all-time comedian – he enjoyed joking around and making people laugh.
Rosary wil be at 7 p.m. Wednesday at St. Patrick’s Parish in Minturn. Funeral services will be at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Alamosa at 10 a.m. Friday.
In lieu of flowers, please make a contribution to George Jaramillo memorial fund. An account has been set up at First Bank of Avon, and donations can be taken to any First Bank location.
Thank you for your support and prayers.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Lodge at Cordillera can sell, federal judge rules, but legal battle continues
- Manhunt underway near Basalt for two men believed to be suspects in Thursday’s armed robbery in Carbondale
- Ritz Bachelor Gulch owner opts to fight felony charges
- Vail hotel/apartment proposal may earn final approval